PSW are longstanding consultants to Fairview New Homes. We provide Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Design Services and have worked with them on many successful projects of varying complexity. This particular scheme at the prestigious Yeoman Street development in Surrey Quays involved connecting onto an existing E-oN District Wide Heating Network.
The system distributes LTHW via insulated underground pipework to a network of local buildings including housing, local businesses and public facilities.
We were able to work with E-on and the local authorities, right from the outset to ensure that realistic timescales could be established and the design stage could be properly managed.
In addition to the complexities of connecting to the existing district heating scheme we provided all of the typical design services including:-
- Combined external services layout – Inc.: electric, water, BT, gas, boosted cold water, external lighting and electric car charging layout.
- Services distribution strategy for all incoming and distribution services within the dwellings
- Complete design of above-ground SVP and drainage system
- Complete design of the electrical sub-main system
- Complete design of mains cold water system
- Complete design of the boosted cold water distribution
- Complete design of the gas distribution system
- Renewable technologies
- Door Entry & Access control
We were able to successfully manage the designers risk register for the project, from concept to construction.
David Brown, the Director at PSW who oversaw the MEP design for this project said: “The team and I have enjoyed the challenges that this project presented. The success of the design phase is testament to the effort and professionalism displayed by all involved.”